BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

next year

What to do, what to do, what to do?


I started a two-year diploma program for classical voice last year that I completed a year of. CREW has taken up the year I'm currently in. But come August 20th... what then?

Spoke to Anitta today; she said to think about staying on for another year.

Hmm.

Well, I've certainly enjoyed myself thus far. And it's been probably the most concentrated learning experience of my entire life. But... where's God calling me to? Another year of service in this way? Or... something else?

I've also been thinking about not going back to my college. It's a great place, with some incredible incredible faculty members, but I need to get some basic courses down... like first year English...

And then there's the whole program thing... Classical Voice is fun, but I'm no longer convinced it's my passion... I like the songs I did, but the whole general direction... it basically ends up in opera. Opera=not where I want to be. I've tried to apply the training I received this year, and although some of it was applicable, I found most of it to be unhelpful, particularly on CREW; and I can't help feeling that if I was trained in jazz for example... maybe I could truly apply more of my education. Maybe if/when I go back to school, I'll take jazz voice. Hmm. But can I sing jazz...? I don't know! I've never really tried!!

Or should I just pack my bags, move somewhere else?

Hop on a bus and leave for a while?

Work for six months and do some exotic and focusless traveling with a good friend?

Or, maybe Jesus will come back before I even have to decide.

The experience of CREW has taught me many important things. But one of them is that I need to take one thing at a time, because usually when I think of a bigger picture, I get overwhelmed and freaked out. On CREW this often looks like "Steph we have six concerts, a retreat and two youth nights in the next month" type stuff. That scares me- a lot. But when I think, I have a concert tomorrow so I'll make the set list, and focus on that for now, get to the other stuff later, I can handle it.

Okay Steph, so apply that to this situation eh.

God has called me to this position- being a CREWbie- for now.

Now. He never really said for how long exactly. But I know that for now, I need to focus on what's in front of me, and to make the most of every opportunity that He gives.

I'll get to next year. And He wants to lead me through life, so He'll show me what to do- when I need to know.

His plan's way better than mine is anyway.

Out.

0 comments: