So I just found this blog - it's been on my facebook in my "about" section, untouched for the past 3 years.
A friend recently referenced it, saying she enjoyed reading it. I had truly forgotten it existed. So I decided to try to get in today and found, to my surprise, I can still access this thing! Bizarre.
So, in the last three years, what have I learned?
...uh........
Rephrase.
What am I currently learning that I can share with my imaginary friends in cyberspace?
Here goes...
-- God may just have bigger hopes, dreams, and plans for me than I have for myself.
-- God is not disturbed by unanswered questions, uncertain futures, and undefined details.
-- Ministry is not an occupation; it is a lifestyle.
-- The story of Moses is the story of my life. I think he gets the "Favorite Bible character" badge... for today at least.
-- Family is one of the greatest gifts that can be experienced this side of heaven... and people need not share your blood to be family.
-- Wisdom does not disappear when wise people die. The wisdom I mean is God's wisdom, anointed words and concepts. This wisdom originates in the Scriptures and in the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. When we see God's wisdom alive in another human being so tangibly it begins to mingle with their DNA, it is a true testament to the POWER of God -- that His goodness can even coexist with humanity's profound brokenness. But when these incredible people leave our lives or leave this earth, God has not left. Wisdom is ours for the asking (James 1:5).
-- Children grow to love you as you consistently show up for them - it's not about being funny or strong or entertaining for them. The foundations of relationship can be built in very unremarkable ways.
-- Children never get tired of rolling hula hoops down hills.
-- Discouragement is equally as contagious as joy.
-- I'm no dancer, but dancing brings me joy like little else. Thank God for Zumba.
-- There is a cost to every action we take. If I stay at work to perfect a project, I will cost my family time around the dinner table. If I go home early to have supper with my family, my project at work is cost of that extra time for fine-tuning. We are always "choosing to cheat" (Andy Stanley).
-- There is never an inappropriate time to love another person.
-- I feel an inkling that I might enjoy gardening someday. I have a desire I've never had before to dig in some dirt.
-- The most profound story I have ever known (apart from the story of Jesus and His love) is "You are Special" by Max Lucado. As for why?.... I think that deserves another blog post.
Blogging is fun.... I had forgotten.
As for now, whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you are going through or whatever you have done -- you. are. loved.
out.
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
this still exists...
Posted by Stephanie at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment